CETLOE can customize workshops for your department or course. We can develop custom workshops for any group: academic departments, staff units, student groups, or course projects – whatever your needs are, we are ready to help. We will design something new or adapt an existing workshop for in-person and/or virtual presentations. You can also use the form to request a consultation, so we can talk through your ideas and your needs. To best serve any request that comes in, we strongly recommend using the form and contacting us a month in advance. This will ensure that we are able to assist you in all aspects of your request.
Here are some of the many types of workshops we’ve developed and delivered:
- Advanced presentation skills in PowerPoint
- Student introductions to iCollege
- Best practices in proctoring
- Best practices in syllabus design
- Assessment design
- Online resources for websites with animated timelines or detailed map projects
- Dissertation formatting in Microsoft Word
- Mapping learning outcomes to learning activities
- Maximizing class time
- Mapping across the curriculum
- Present research with infographics
- Record and edit a podcast or video
- Photo and graphics image editing to explore visual rhetoric
In addition, we hope that you will consider the modality of learning that would best suit the audience of your request. We can assist in the set-up of LinkedIn Learning collections, recording custom videos, and other asynchronous materials. CETLOE staff will do their best to meet your modality needs but may have to adjust requests to serve as many people as possible – for example, providing a virtual workshop rather than an in-person workshop.
If you are interested in seeing examples of projects and rubrics supporting digital literacy projects, check out Assign Media – our resource for digital literacy assignments.